The benefits of an on-going Floor Maintenance program are:
- Lower Price - It takes considerably more time to restore a floor than it does to maintain one. Floor maintenance programs also afford the contractor many schedule efficiences compared to restorative cleaning. It is for these reasons that floor maintenance programs are very cost effective.
- Better Appearance - One of the biggest benefits of a floor maintenance program is that it allows you to maintain a very high appearance level on a consistent basis because floors are cleaned and high speed buffed on a regular basis.
In the retail store a clean and cosmetically appealing environment can substantially increase sales.
- Longer Lasting Floors - Floor maintenance programs not only improve the appearance level of vinyl floors, but a good program will also extend the useful life of the floor.
Proper maintenance after the initial installation is a must, always follow the manufacturers instructions for stripping and sealing the floors. This will extend the life of your vinyl floor.
- Cleaner Air Quality - A floor that has a smooth glossy finish can easily be dust mopped instead of sweeping. A vinyl floor should never be swept. Sweeping distributes large amounts of particulate matter and dust into the air. This dust settles onto desks, is breathed by employees and is drawn into sensitive computer equipment. Dust also carries bacteria and can cause cross contamination in a Surgical or Medical environment.
Commercial Floor Stripping and Waxing
- Slow down; save your flooring - Avoid high speeds in stripping dirt and old polish from a vinyl composition floor. Manufacturers typically recommend stripping at 300 RPM or less. Use a blue or green pad and a commercial floor stripper.
Coarser pads can damage this type of flooring. Wet-vac. Don't dry-strip a resilient floor.
Manufacturer Armstrong recommends NOT to use a non-machine mop-on/mop-off stripping solution on floors less than two years old, because the chemicals may affect the adhesive bond.
The best bet is to choose a high performance floor finish that, with the proper routine maintenance, won't require stripping for years.
We use only the best cleaning solutions and equipment. Although these products cost us a little more, they earn their keep by helping us do the best job possible. We do quality work and will strive to build a long-term relationship you - our customer.
We have found that property managers have a need for different levels of floor servicing. Sometimes they need a job good enough for a "white glove inspection", while other times all that is necessary is a "touch up". Our professionals can accommodate all your various needs while keeping costs in an acceptable range.
There are times when property managers and contractors need to seek out technical assistance to overcome problems their crews encounter while stripping, finishing or recoating floors. Problems can result from a technician's failure to follow procedures essential to a sound floor maintenance program. Our friendly reliable staff can assist you with all your floor maintenance needs. Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you.
Before & After Cleaning
These pictures represent some of the typical jobs that we encounter. Many vinyl floors have been neglected, stained and abused but can be restored with proper stripping and sealing. Notice how the room is brightened by the increased reflection of light from the clean floor.
Building Maintenance Contractors - BMC Building Services, Inc. Phone: 1-877-220-4178 USA Floor Care Services